Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Simple Indian Dry Chicken Curry

Nimmy's Kitchen

How to cook Simple Indian Chicken Curry

Simple Indian Dry Chicken Curry
          Today I am going to present a non veg dish , of course with delicious taste. It is your favoutite Chicken curry. Whenever I prepares varity of chicken dishes I used to memember my loving mom, because I learnt these from my mom. In my first trial of this recipe, the taste was ok... not delicious.Because I made myself in the absnce of my mom. My husband told me the negative points and suggested the ideas how to get the real taste of my mom's Chicken curry.Then on the second trial I got excellent taste. My sons told,"Mummy, what a delicious chicken curry , yaammi......yaammi......"On that day my kids(chicks) ate more rotis / chappathis with the simple Indian Chicken curry.Now I would like to share the recipe with you. Please read out the ingredients and method to make the simple Indian Dry chicken curry.


Simple Indian Dry Chicken Curry Cooking Recipe
Ingredients :-

  • Chicken cut in to medium size - 1 Kg
  •  Onion sliced - 3 big size
  • Tomatoes slices - 2 big size
  • Ginger paste - 2 tbsp
  • Garlic paste - 3 tbsp
  • Cashew nuts paste - 2 tbsp
  • Green chilly slit in length - 6 no's
  • Curry leaves - 2 stems
  • Coriander leaves chopped - 2 tbsp
  • Garam masala powder - 1 1/2 tbsp
  • Red chilly powder - 1 1/2 tbsp( adjust according to your taste
  • Coriander powder - 2 tsp
  • Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
  • Black pepper  powder - 1/4 tsp
  • Yoghurt / Dhahi / Curd - 1 tbsp
  • Cardomom - 2 no's
  • Fennel (Perum Jeerakam / somf) - 1 tsp
  • Oil - 3 tbsp
  • Salt - according to your taste

Simple Indian Dry Chicken Curry
Method :-
  • Magnetise the Chicken pieces with little pepper powder,turmeric powder,salt,chilly powder,garam masala powder and full quantity of yoghurt. Keep it aside for half an hour.
  • Heat the oil in a cooking vessel and add the onions and saute till light brown.
  • Add the ginger and garlic paste and saute till light brown coloour.
  • Add the tomatoes and stir well till it becomes mash.
  • Add the green chillies and curry leaves and fry for few seconds till the flavors are  releasing.
  • Add the coriander  powder and chilly powder and stir for 2-3 minutes on the low flame till it becomes dark brown colour .
  • Add garam masala powder,mashed crdomom and fennel. Stir well.
  • Add the water and stir for 5 miuutes.
  • Add the magnetised Chicken pieces.
  • Cook for 30 minutes on a low heat by covering with a lid.
  • Add Cashew nuts paste.
  • Add the salt and water if necessary.
  • Turn off the heat.
  • Garnish the Chicken curry with chopped coriander leaves and serve with rotis / chappathis , plain rice /  fried rice / biriyani.
Kitchen Tips :-
  • Add little salt while you are sauting the onion in the oil. If you do so, the onion will be in brown colour very soon. It will reduce your cooking time. Try this interesting kitchen tip !!!
  • When you magnetise the chicken pieces, add little yoghurt / curd for the chicken to be cooked fast. Will you try this kitchen tip.
  • If you like the taste of coconut milk,add the coconut milk just before turning off the stove and just boil.It will be more delicious. Is this good kitchen tip???

My friends, try Simple Indian Dry Chicken Curry Cooking Recipe today itself !!!

1 comment:

Please keep your comments clean and helful to users. Spam will be removed.